
The sun softened as it was preparing to set and be off for the day. It was getting dark and the fog was setting in when we walked into a hamlet. We had reached Dham just in time. Govind Dham was indeed a town of its own! While some of them went in search of a good place to stay, the rest of the trekkers sat on the roadside. I settled after buying a tube of balm, fully aware that we would need this tonight. After all, the trek was just no joke for a novice.
Among the many strangers who walked past us on the road, one person stood out. I could see him walking up to where we were sitting. Wiry-haired, a constantly surprised look in his eyes, and completely geared for a long trek. He looked awfully familiar. He smiled in recognition. “S! What a surprise!” I exclaimed when realization dawned (Finally!) Well, what are the odds of that—I was talking to a guy who used to work in our office. Up, on top of the Dham I get to know that he has quit our office and joined a new firm. We exchanged more pleasantries and S was on his way. It got crazier, when, after another whole day’s travel, I met him once again, in the wilderness of the Valley of Flowers. Just what are the odds of that happening?
2 comments:
hey seems its a great experience.. away from the maddening crowd, seeking soulitude.. btw i dont knw where Govind Dham is..
Govind Dham is in Uttaranchal Pradesh... Its ethereal to a certain extent.
Post a Comment